A Slightly Feminist Installment in Project Frankenstein in the form of My Frankenstein by Michael J. Lee.

— feeling confused
My Frankenstein - Frauke Spanuth, Michael J.  Lee

So far, I've read about Frankenstein's twin brother whom he tried to save but couldn't, which lead to the events of the original version.

I have also come across his twin daughters, one of whom was curious enough to continue with his work.

And, this last book that I read mentioned him to be a champion of Industrial Revolution, trying to force a small town into the modern world.

What is evident in the Frankenstein family tree is there is a dark thread running through it, which appears in all its members!

What I Liked About My Frankenstein

The refreshing way Frankenstein acted to Eva's intelligence. It didn't matter to him if she was a girl. What made her beautiful to him was her mind. In fact, there was one scene where he sees Eva and her very beautiful friend together. Even then, Eva's beauty calls out to him while the friend he dismisses as an Amazon. That isn't to say that Amazons weren't awesomesauce. It is simply how Victor thinks because to him, brute strength is for mentally inferior people.

The "monster", Adam, is as innocent as the original monster. He also retained the stubborn nature and had a way with words. All of it kept the true spirit of the original alive.

Some of the words that stood out to me:

It's in that moment you discover that you never really cared about benefiting mankind. What you did, you did for yourself. To stand on the mountaintop and look down on mankind. The mortal sin of pride.

These words were spoken by Igor who assisted Victor in his quest and later came to regret it.

Maybe I feel nothing because I am nothing. Or am I nothing because I feel nothing?

Spoken by Adam, these words made me sad. They stem from all the brainwashing that Victor had done on the poor creature, even going as far as to tell him he wasn't even a thing, let alone a man!

What I didn't Like About My Frankenstein

There wasn't any depth to the story. I don't know why it felt that way to me. It could be the sequence of events, which wasn't surprising at all. It could also be how Eva behaved towards Frankenstein, which was again no surprise. It might be the ending as well, which doesn't fit in with the rest of the novel.

So, this is how the project stands now

I'm now reading, Undead and Unworthy, by MaryJanice Davidson.

Undead & Unworthy is a part of the Undead series, which is a whole lot of fun. Give it a try, if you like Vampire Queens who have a killer sense of fashion and not much brains! I still love how she deals with being easily distracted and doesn't let it stop her from doing the right thing. It awes me that people constantly underestimate her and yet she just does her thing.

Because Tor has a re-read going on and I've been meaning to read it for a long time:

I will end this post with a Frankenstein joke: