SPOILER ALERT!

Two of Them Were My Favorites

— feeling booklikes
An Apple for the Creature - Faith Hunter, Ilona Andrews, Nancy Holder, Steve Hockensmith, Donald Harstad, Toni L.P. Kelner, Marjorie M. Liu, Amber Benson, Thomas E. Sniegoski, Charlaine Harris, Rhys Bowen, Mike Carey, Jonathan Maberry

Playing Possum

Sookie goes to visit her godson and they encounter a mad gunman. The apple taking the gunman down was stretching it a bit too much!

Spellcaster 2.0

A university project is collecting and cataloging all the spells they can find. Most of the students do not believe in the spells until they absolutely have to. Saw the "twist" a mile away.

Academy Field Trip
Vampire being investigated. The surveillance catches on to a "bride" of his and starts to feed her the wrong information. Meh.

Sympathy for the Bones
★★★★
A witch takes in a little girl and teaches her almost everything she knows. I love the creepiness even though the ending was expected.

Low School
A senator dies and goes to hell for a deal she signed as a kid. The deal was with the devil and to her, hell was high school. I would have liked to see how she got out of it rather than what hell was like.

Callie Meet Happy

The Reaper was failing her wormhole class until she gets the chance for a practical lesson. Too random for me to enjoy, I guess.

Iphigenia in Aulis
★★★★
Melanie and the other kids are in school but there is something very wrong with them. Again, the creepiness was my favorite part of the story. Loved how the hunger is described.

Golden Delicious
★★★
Rick is on his way to forming his very own paranormal unit, if he can reign in his and his partner's werewolf instincts. Fun! I would love to know more about this world.

Magic Tests
Julie has to solve a mystery at her new school - this time with no Kate to get her out of trouble. While I love Julie, almost no Kate or Curran makes for a boring story.

An Introduction to Jewish Myth and Mysticism
★★★
An abusive husband comes back, thinking he can hurt his wife some more. A professor has other ideas. While not unexpected, the twist was fun. I could have done without the unneeded last two lines - yeah, I am being picky!

VSI

Claire is a part of a secret team that will hunt vampires. Their quarry is quite closer to home than Claire thinks. Why?

The Bad Hour
A dog trainer is in trouble with one of her clients who has a supernatural sidekick. Remy Chandler and his Marlowe, his dog, try to rescue her. I love Marlowe. Remy's alright.

Pirate Dave and the Captain's Ghost
★★★
A werewolf in love with a vampire is haunted by a ghost who was killed by a vampire. Dave reminded me of Hook from OUAT, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The story didn't surprise me at all.