* The book starts off with a whole lot of characters and I almost gave up right there.
* Religion plays an important role in this world-whether it is its absence or presence.
* There is light humor threaded throughout the book, to lighten the darkness of events.
* The book is long but I didn't mind because the story kept me interested.
* Would love to read the next one.
* Why are certain parts other magical creatures important was never explained.
* Why are there different colors for the Mothers wasn't expounded upon either.
* Dael gives up on Vray rather too easily-he knows what kind of people the King & his son are!